Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I got no rhythms...

Today I finally made out to the gym for the first time since I had Minah.

One of my friends told me about the Zumba class that she took and recommended me to try out. I found out that our Y offers the class every Tuesday evening, so braved the cold weather to try out. It was VERY intense, 45 minutes of non-stopping "body movement" (aka "dance"). First of all, I am Korean. I don't know any Korean that can be good at dance. Second of all, I am thirty some year old Korean. I don't know anyone who is over thirty years old and never danced can do any of the movement that Jumba requires to do. It must be very popular, though because the room was packed when I got there. Anyway, I was bit self conscious but about 10 minutes into it, I realized that about 2/3 of room had no clue as I was and just trying to move as fast and affective as I was to copy the instructor! It was fastest 45 minutes that I ever had, working out at the gym...

1 comment:

Brandon and Elena said...

hahaha. I've gotta agree about the Korean part. Who knows, maybe I'll brave the Zumba class one of these days.