Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Daddy, I like this house!"

Younguk had a conference in downtown Milwaukee for last couple of days. When he left on Tuesday morning, he asked me to come and stay with him at the hotel as I had done for last few years. However, I wasn't too sure of the idea this time... of packing million and ten things with two kids. So, I decided to stay home on Tuesday night with the thought that if I really want to go, I would go out on Wednesday since it is only an hour away from home.
After a very very rough night on Tuesday (Minah decided that 2 o'clock in the morning was the good time to be wide awake...) I realized that I am still new at this two kids thing to do alone and could use Younguk's moral support, even though he would only give in his solid sleep. So I started to pack a million and ten things and left the house by mid afternoon yesterday. As we were getting into the car, I told Minzie that we were going to see daddy. I don't know what she was thinking but she must have got the idea that daddy was somewhere else and we were going there to stay with him.
When we got to the hotel, Minzie was pretty excited to see new things and explore new place, running from one corner to next. After checking out everything, Minzie said to Younguk, "Daddy, I like this house!" After hearing what she said, I thought what there is not to like about this "house"?!?!
Someone comes to clean it, make the bed for you, if you are hungry just pick up the phone and food will be delivered to your door... don't have to do the laundry and when you leave and come back, everything is back to where it should be! Ha!

But after one night away from home, I realized that I much rather do my own cooking and laundry along with many things but just be at home where I could be most comfortable. Even though Minzie really liked that "house", I think she was happy to be home, too... to play with her own toys and sleeping on her own bed. Speaking of bed, better get some sleep while Minah is sleeping, just incase she decides to be wide awake at 2 o'clock again...

2 comments:

Troy + Youngin said...

I can totally picture Minzie running between one room and the next. Ok, maybe we don't want to live in THAT 'house' but it would be nice to have the house cleaned, dishes run, laundry washed automatically! I saw a t-shirt yesterday that said "I make milk, what's your superpower?" Keep up the good work, Super-Mom!

Angie said...

I hear ya! Getting out of the house always sounds like sooo much fun until you're there and you realize home has everything you need and in the right spot. Sigh.