Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nope! No baby yet!

When Younguk called the hospital this morning around 6, the head nurse told us that they had too many "emergency deliveries" between last night & early this morning and asked him to call them back in couple of hours. My bags were packed and I was ready to go out the door to deliver this baby TODAY. So we set around, waited and waited. Younguk called them back again but couldn't get hold of the head nurse and had to hang up the phone with very unsure promise of the head nurse would call us back "as soon as she is available".
Another hour passed. Phone rang. She told us that we don't have to call her but she would be calling us around noon to see where they are at and let us know if I could come in or not. WHAT? But I am ready to have this baby TODAY! Good thing Younguk was handling these calls because I was not a very pleasant person to be around and would definitely not had handle those calls as Younguk did. Anyway, we sat around, waited and waited. Phone rang again little bit after noon. The head nurse said that they were so busy and they didn't have even a room for me to come in today. WHAT? But I am really ready to have this baby TODAY!
So, what do I do? Can I be rescheduled for tomorrow?
"Well, I cannot promise you that either." she said. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! You know the breath in and breath out thing to calm you down... I learned today that it actually works. She told me to call tomorrow at 6 o'clock to see IF I could come in. And do it all over again.

So, here we are... We are still "three of us"...

1 comment:

Karli said...

We're thinking of you and hope you're at the hospital now having your baby TODAY!!! :)